Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Travel Conference

We are getting closer...  I can feel it.  It's only nine days away... or maybe 14... or maybe 32...  So maybe its getting farther.  Who knows anymore.  It's kinda a cruel joke.  Time is not of the essence.  I can tell you that.

We had our travel conference with our agency today.  We were given all of the travel details.  Went through our immigration paperwork.  Talked about cultural sensitivity.  And then discussed parenting children in our circumstances.  It is starting to feel surreal.  I am so anxious.

We found out today that all of the documents are ready, we are just waiting for the negative TB tests.  Hopefully they will be administering them today and can check negative results on Friday.  What I am not sure of is, because of the time difference it is Thursday in Ethiopia now.  Do they check results of TB on Saturday?  I hope so.  Because if they don't; that would mean that they won't do the test till Monday, find the results on Wednesday. We leave Friday!!!  Crazy.  Nothing like living by the seat of your pants.  Crazy!

So we continue to wait.  The good news is that an extra embassy date was added.  And it is the 15th so that would only delay our travels by a few days and I am thinking about just extending the travels.  Still leaving at the same time.  Since our room is booked and everything.  We might be able to add two extra nights.  I still have to talk to nick about this.  So we will see.

I am trying to make Pediatrician appointments for our boys upon our return but am being given the run around.  I can't make appointments with out a medical record number, I can't get medical record numbers until we get documents, can't get documents till we travel.  See my dilemma, apparently I will be making appointments as soon as we return.

So we continue to wait and pray.  I know that this adoption has brought Nick and myself so much closer to God.  What a great God.

No comments: