Saturday, February 13, 2010

Counting down and finishing lists

This month will hopefully go quickly. I am a giant ball of nerves and unfortunately, Nick is taking the brunt of it. I just wish the travel date was finalized. I am so sick of waiting for an unknown. It is starting to become nauseating. You would think after almost four years of waiting this would be no biggie. But it's not. So we are focusing on getting things done around the house.

Today we got a lot done in the Crain Household. We hung some artwork that we purchased a year and a half ago. It was a big piece and it has been sitting in the boys room till today. It finally has a place in the living room. We hung the pictures in the boys room. They look great. I cleaned out the planters in the front. Most of my plants froze in the crazy weather we had so I cleared them out. We are leaving them empty. We are thinking this could be a family activity. Let the boys help pick out and plant the flowers and plants in their new home.

Nick changed the door knobs on all of the doors in the house. We have been slowly doing this for the last two years. (Are you noticing a trend with procrastination of house work?) We did some major spring cleaning. Cleared out all of the junk we don't use. We have too much junk. Way too much. How do two people collect so much stuff?

We also booked our room at the Guest House in Ethiopia. YEAH!!!!! Luckily the deposit is transferrable if the dates change. I contacted some travel agents about air fare. I can't find a place to book one way tickets for children where they are inexpensive. The quotes came back around the same price as I could find on Cheap tickets.com sooo that was good news. I am just waiting for the ok.

I haven't started packing yet. I am nervous to start counting our chickens before they hatch, if you have followed our journey you know why. But we did clean up the luggage and ask if we could borrow some heavy duty suitcases from my Uncle. My parents will be on a cruise the same time we could be in Ethiopia. How exciting. Our family will be all over that week.

Tomorrow we hope to get more done on our to do list. It feels so good to have things done. I don't know why I procrastinate so much. The feeling of accomplishment is a good one. Well, have a great weekend all. I will leave you with the newest picture from a traveling family.

You gotta love their smiles.

2 comments:

Kindra said...

I can't EVEN tell you how much I LOOOOOOOOOVE that picture. I only imagine how much your heart is loving this Valentine's Day & your last without your boys!
So good spending the morning with you the other day.
Can't wait to meet the WHOLE Crain4!!

Alida said...

Oh Breann, the boys are sooo darling ... very handsome ... and I might get to meet them too ... huh!!! Wonderful!!!