Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Same old... till it isn't

So I had planned on Blogging about my hair cut (Which I love by the way) and about the beautiful weather we had this weekend (4-6 in of snow which is rare for us). Buuuuuutttt today Ashley (our case worker) called us with our court date. And it's next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited. I know that we still have to pass before I can start making plans, but next week. It is the first break we have seem to catch. I just emailed Ashley yesterday asking if there was any news. She had said no news and that there are some families that received referrals in December that were still waiting for a date so it could still be a while. After I had myself a good cry and then a very long prayer, I picked up my class from recess and went about my day.

But this morning, while I was working on report cards, (those kids probably received elevated grades :) Ashley called and told me that we received a court date and it is for February the third. Next Wednesday. She was teared up on the other end. This has been a long journey. I cried. Called Nick. Cried some more. My coworker walked in. Told him. Cried some more. Then called my parents. Cried more. Realized they will be on a cruise while we are in Ethioipia. Oh Well.

My class thinks I am nuts I am sure, but they got to waste like 35 min while they asked me questions about Ethiopia, when we would leave, who their sub would be. They were really excited. Maybe they were excited to have a sub who knows. But there was lots of cheering and smiling going on in G-10 this morning.

So now that all this said, PLEASE continue to pray. We need a smooth court hearing. I don't know if I could handle not passing. I am fragile these days. Well, I know I would survive, God will get us through. But it would be such a huge blessing to pass the first time. Which most families do. We have just had more difficulty than most. Oh yeah, We could maybe travel as soon as March 13th for a March 18th Visa appointment. That's like in 6 weeks. Hallelujah!!! So Please continue to pray. I don't trust any of this to fate or luck. I trust it all to Him.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Your family will definitely be in my thoughts. I hope that you pass the first time through and all of the obstacles are behind you.

This is a wonderful post! :)

Missy said...

This is the best news I have heard in a long time!!!!! I was SO hoping you would be one of the Feb 3rd families!!! And March 13th??!?!?! OH MY GOSH!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Hooray!!!!!

Kindra said...

Oh my gosh...AMAZING NEWS!!! Praise HIM from who ALL BLESSING FLOW!!
Love you guys!

Christina Hubbard said...

I am still praising Him fo your reat news and praying for next week!!!