Monday, March 29, 2010

Lovin' My Husband and Hide N Seek

So we took our boys to get their immunizations last week.  That is a rare form of Hell.  Dawit did not like it at all, I had to lay over him while they poked him with every vaccination for birth to 4 years and by the time I finally got him to calm down, we had to go have blood drawn.  Well anyways, we also received directions for collecting a stool and urine sample.

Fast forward to this morning.  We have to return to the doctors to have their TB tests read.  We also had to collect their samples.  These boys take MAN sized Caca's.  I couldn't bring myself to collect their crap in the paper bowl.  So my wonderful husband did it for me.  Plus he had to scoop it into a collection jar.  I could hear him gagging from the other side of the house.  And as if it wasn't bad enough, he dropped it on the counter.  Poor guy.  But my love for him gew a little more today.

The boys discovered the intercom button on the phones today.  They are running around the house talking to each other on the phone.  Sintayehu will run and hide and Dawit runs around looking for him.  He is a horrible seeker but it the first time they have really played together since we have all been together.  It's awesome.  They are laughing and having genuine fun together.  I feel like I am in heaven.

We tried to explain the Easter Bunny to the boys and may have created a life long fear of Rabbits.  They did not like the idea of a man sized rabbit sneaking into the house.  We tried to explain that it is pretend, but it wasn't passing the language barrier.  If you plan on showing pictures of the Easter bunny to your kids; beware of the google images.  There is a Killer Bunny for one of the first pictures.  Not a great first impression.

Sintayehu has taken to Nick really well.  I love watching them talk.  He explains things to Nick about Ethiopia and his previous life.  Our family was totally planned by God.  It was meant to be.

Ps. Church went really well yesterday.  They boys liked it.  Next week they will go to Sunday School for the Easter games.  I will go with them and hang out in the back.

4 comments:

natalie said...

OK...I am totally rolling with laughter! That was so funny! I got my own little piece of the Dr. fun and I can only imagine what is was like with older children. At least mine was little poop in a diaper and less shots since they haven't had as many years to catch up. None the less, I made my poor husband be the bad guy with shots and blood draws!
I was already cracking up then I read about the Easter bunny. I guess this tradition isn't fun to everyone!!!
Give the boys a hug for me.
Natalie

Alida said...

Breanne, I'm catching up on your blog posts. So glad to see you are home with the boys!!!! So elated to hear they're doing good and amuzed at all the firsts .... we had our share with Hanna ... too funny! She loves bathing too. Since we met her at the HOH we have yet to have skipped an evening without bathing :) .....

Missy said...

He is totally, 100%, officially a DAD!!! Way more than I could have done, for sure....I made my hubby collect Ru's and it was just scraped out of a diaper!!!
Glad things are so great for you all...:)

Kris, Staci, & Marley said...

OMG, that was probably the funniest thing I've ever heard! We are both rolling. Also love the name they have for Grandpa and their uncle. Sounds like you guys are having a blast with these two.
We have been really bad bloggers lately and are just now getting around to checking on all our travel buddies. So excited that you guys made it home! We were so distraught just by missing our connecting flight to Ethiopia, I can't imagine the emotions that you guys were experiencing. We would have been complete wrecks! But hey, it's all over now and all is right with the world. The best is yet to come! So glad that the boys are adjusting well and look forward to new updates from you guys. Stay in touch!

Kris & Staci