Friday, April 2, 2010

Boys will be boys!!!

Thank God I had a brother growing up. I think if it was just my sister and myself I think I would have been ill prepared for parenting two school age boys. There have been non-stop nerf wars for the last three days.

We had to take the boys back to the doctors for additional vaccinations and drawing blood on Thursday. This was not something I was looking forward to. We told them we were going back and there was a look of panic on Dawit's face. We explained that it would only be one more shot in the leg and one in the arm. We also bribed them. We told them if they were good they could each pick out one 10.00 toy at Target when we were done; we were taking them clothes shopping anyways. Oh My Goodness!!! They did so well for the shots. I don't know if it was the bribe or the knowing ahead of time what would be happening but there were no tears from Sintayehu and small whimpering from Dawit.

Well after lunch we went to Target where I was expecting complete meltdowns because the limit was low. Again, totally surprised. I was even able to go off and do some Easter Basket shopping. After much consideration they both decided to get nerf shot guns. (Sintayehu really wanted a car that made sounds but decided that eventually the batteries would die so he went with the nerf gun. How's that for logical thinking?) Daddy got a nerf gun as well. The moment they got home they have been shooting each other. Nick came into our bedroom saying "I love having Boys!!!" It was so cute.

Today we took them to the park again. We go like every other day. Dawit is riding his bike so well. He is quite the Dare Devil. He decided to go down the hills instead of the paths. It made me nervous but I got over it. He then proceeded to fall of the slide. Luckily the kid doesn't take off his helmet so that saved his noggin. Last night I realized I haven't taken any photos of them lately so after their bath I got some good ones.








3 comments:

Hubbards said...

It is SO great to hear about the fun you all are having with YOUR boys! What a blessing.

Missy said...

Boys are the BEST!!! I can't count the number of nerf guns in our house!!! FUN!!!!

Kris, Staci, & Marley said...

It's awesome to see those big smiles! Let's get a "helmet" pic though :) Nick gets to have nurf gun wars and I will get to have tea parties. hmmmmm LOL
--Kris