Thursday, December 17, 2009

Update

Today we had a conference call with our agency. Apparently the region where our boys are located, Asela, is no longer handling relinquished cases. The MOWA (Ministry of Women's Affairs) will not sign our paper work because they aren't doing relinquished cases. What does that mean?

That there is no way around them and we are on hold till they decide they will handle the cases. So... we were told to be patient. It might only be days, could be weeks, even months before our paperwork will be completed and we can finally get a court date in Addis.

I can't handle being patient any longer. My children are being raised in an orphanage now. They recently lost their mother and their father is in prison. That by my standards is not relinquished. There is no parent able to care for our children. So for some jacked up reason, our kids are now paying the consequence.

It looks like they may end up spending an entire year in the orphanage. It kills me. I truly feel like someone has ripped out all of my organs. The kicker is... We are the only case that is affected so I am sure there is no rush. I am happy that no one else is going through this, but why oh why did this have to be us.

I am trying to stay positive... but all I can do is cry. I am crying for myself, my husband and all of the missed opportunities we are having to bond and love, for some bureaucratic BS that no one can explain.

I am at a loss. I am taking all of their clothes back to exchange sizes because they are going to be too small already. I knew this road would be bumpy, but today we flew of the bluff. We are waiting to land and assess the damage.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm speechless. I wish I had something, anything to offer you to take some of this pain, anger, etc... you're feeling away and bring your boys home sooner.

What kills me is that these children were made available and now they're not. I don't understand how that happens. I don't understand how it took them this long to get the father's rights signed over and how that's considered relinquishment. I'm so confused about so many things.

I will keep your family in my thoughts and hope that this issue gets resolved ASAP. Have you pushed the agency to get more info. You should have up to date information every day. You should demand to know what the in-country reps are doing to rectify this situation for you. Waiting is not good enough.

Jill Harris said...

I'm hugging you guys and I'm not letting go...

elisa said...

Oh, I'm so so sorry you are having to deal with this. I pray that the pain and grief are minimal and that the situation gets rectified asap! We are all here for you!
Elisa

Stephanie said...

That is just horrible. :( I will be praying this situation is fixed asap. (((HUGS)))