Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Silver Lining

I am going to start with the Greatness of God first. Then the frustrations later. Changin' it up for once.

Okay, so this waiting has not been easy but I decided to turn my attention away from the adoption and focus back on God. It was the best way I could have ended my week, last week. On Saturday, I was able to meet with our Pastor and a couple of great people from church in Redlands. We met at a great restaurant, Martha Greens if you are in the area, for breakfast. Before we ate though, we prayed together then separated to pray for the people in Redlands. We walked around the downtown area, in the rain I might add, praying. I was able to walk with a great friend and we prayed together for people everywhere. I was able to focus on God's calling: to share God's love and word. I felt wiped clean and renewed. Awesome. Then we ate, a delicious warm breakfast, and talked. It was a God filled morning.

Then today, I was having a difficult day with two boys in my class. They can not stop arguing. The day ended with a suspension. While I was having a conference with his mom, my wonderful coworkers prepared the library for a surprise shower for our kiddos. I came in to the library with my principal and there was the cutest cake. On one side was the US and the other was Africa. In the middle was a plane. (I forgot to take a picture before it was almost gone.) I was completely surprised. Everyone was there and no one spilled the beans. Almost, but I was clueless. I work with the best people. The five members of my grade level are great friends. I am truly blessed. Not very many people can say that they would choose the coworkers to be close friends even if they didn't work together. So Again, I am blessed.

On to the Crappy week and a half.
1. Last Tuesday I was run into by a woman who thought it was wise to drive with her window completely covered in ice. She thought she new the road well enough to drive blind.
2. Worked a whole lot on my days off.
3. Caught a really sore throat. Cough, fever, the whole gamut.
4. Was told by our agency that the reason we are still waiting, is that there isn't a high priority from the orphanage to bring the boys and paperwork to the capital because it takes all day to do it and they are waiting until there is more business to conduct. So now, they decide to be more efficient.
5. Lady that hit my car seems to be lying about actually having car insurance. There is no record of her with her insurance agency. Great!
6. My school district screwed up the amount being taken out of my paycheck and they want to take two thousand dollars out now this month to make it up. I inquired twice to make sure it was correct and was assured it was.
7. I spilled a pot of soup on my legs. It was scalding and I blistered my legs and ruined my favorite jeans.


So after listing the bad week I had; I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought. The car can be fixed. Everyone was safe. Working on my days off is helping offset the cost of travel. The sore throat only lasted 4 days. We have uninsured motorist insurance. We booked a wedding which is about the amount of the money we owe the school district. And my legs will heal soon, I hope. So there is always a silver lining. Sometimes you just really have to search for it.

Let's pray for Good news about our boys soon. Tell everyone you know to pray.

1 comment:

Jill Harris said...

Perspective. We all need it and you just gave me some, Breann. I love that you keep working through the ordinary stuff in preparation for the extraordinary. You are one of my heros....