Thursday, December 24, 2009

All I want for Christmas

So this is the fourth Christmas that I have asked for a family for my gift. 5 actually but the first one, we weren't officially trying, so I won't count it. Four years. I am tired of being told that we are learning patience. It's not patience. It's a lack of control. There isn't one gosh darn thing that we can do about it. (Short of kidnapping) and I am not about to go that far. This is the worst Christmas wait though. I have been thinking about the season and my attitude this week and this is what I have concluded.

Today and Tomorrow is about God's promise. For thousands of years he told of a Messiah. Tonight we celebrate the birth of the Messiah! We celebrate God's kept promise. I know God says that he will grant us the desires of our hearts. I know that he will keep his word. If there was ever a promise to break, it would have been sending Jesus to the Cross for my sins. So I am uplifted. I know God will bring us our boys. We will be parents and our children will no longer be orphans. Another of God's promises.

So God grant us peace and wisdom. Thank you for Your Son and Our Salvation. And oh yeah, Happy Birthday!!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

This is also our 4th Christmas of officially waiting. We signed with CHI in Nov. '06 and planned to adopt from Vietnam; after 2 years of waiting they closed to the U.S. and we switched to Ethiopia. We are still waiting for our referral: hopefully in the next few months.