Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Favorite

I must say that prior to becoming a mom, one of my favorite activities was sitting at Starbucks sipping my latte and people watching. There was something comforting watching people come and go, going to a place where "everybody knows your name" and coffee, and the big comfy leather chair. I liked to watch the stroller mama group come in after their morning walk. The business men in suits order triple lattes and wraps. The couple that looked like they had been married forty years, that knew what it's like to just sit in silence with a good cup of coffee. Silence can be comforting if you are sitting with the one you love.

It was a perfect way to start my day, then I would be off to work with ten year olds. The caffeine was the added pick me up needed to get me through the day.

But now, my favorite cup of coffee is the one I make in my jammies while making breakfast for the boys. Instead of people watching, I talk. I talk to my sons about dreams, geography, games, what's happening today. I love it. The coffee isn't as good but the company makes up for it. Nothing better than sitting in a place where "everybody knows your name."

Last weeks pics.

First Taco... He ate it like a sandwich
Morning in the snow...
Evening at the beach. It's official, they are So Cal kids now.

Night in the spa.
All Day in the pool. They love the water.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Great pics!!! Very handsome boys!!