Sunday, April 11, 2010

Honor

I would like to say this is a proud momma moment; but realistically I was just honored to learn the way of my oldest son. He has ten years of life experience that has nothing to do with the Crains. This boy know Jesus. If he could give his testimony in church; there would be no way that a non-believer would not start believing. I am humbled and honored to be his mother.

Here is a glimpse into his heart.

Mommy: "Why do you want to be a journalist?"
Sintayehu: "I want to help Ethiopia."
Mommy: "I believe you can do that. Do you have any ideas of how this could happen?"
Sintayehu: "If I write about the HIV infection; and tell people how to not get it, I could save lives"
Mommy: "Wow. You are right."
Sintayehu: "And if more people live, there won't be as many orphanages in Ethiopia."
Mommy (with tears in eyes): "Did you know any one with HIV?"
Sintayehu: "Yes. two kids from the orphanage. And many many of their parents died"
Mommy: "I think Jesus would be proud of you and want you to follow your dreams."
Sintayehu: "Jesus would heal them first then take the children with him"
Mommy: "Maybe, or he sent you to help them. It sounds like you have a mission from God."
Sintayehu: "That's why my mommy died and I came to America"
Mommy "What?"
Sintayehu: "So I can be a journalist and go back."
Mommy: "Jesus uses bad times to make better ones"

He is a gift from God. And it is a privilege to be his new mommy.

3 comments:

Hubbards said...

In tears...such an amazing boy you have there.

Kris, Staci, & Marley said...

What a touching story! So happy that things are going well for you guys. Just saw that you guys have your own photography business. That is so cool! Do you travel to Missouri LOL.

The Hansels

Unknown said...

WOW! What an amazing heart!