Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Relax

The courtyard at Thorton


Yesterday my sister and I decided to take our Mom in-law's to Thorton Winery. It is this beautiful winery in Temecula. It is a little different from most of the wineries in that you are seated at a table and you are served. You can choose your theme of wines to choose. My favorite is the reserve flight. You start with a tasting of champagne, move on to their estate Syrah (which is to die for), proceed to a delicious cab and finish with a zinfandel. It is the perfect adult afternoon. There is great food, great wine, great location and great company.

I am trying to do all of the things I love that will go by the wayside once the kiddos come. I am ready to hand over these activities but that's because I have been making sure to get my fill now.

Today is one of my favorite days of the year for two reasons. I start baking which won't stop for a couple of months. Today I will be making loaves of potato bread, pecan pie and maybe a pumpkin roll. I love cooking. Even though it's supposed to be 85 tomorrow :( I am excited to start the oven up and start baking. Then today is the day when we get the Christmas decorations down from the garage. The lights will go up on Saturday and hopefully the tree will be up by the end of the weekend. We are those crazy people that stand in line early Friday morning for the sales. We have saved lots of money getting the electronics we need in the past. Ooohh I love it. People are usually in a great mood and there is a commodore between all of us crazzzzzy shoppers.

So here's to turkeys, pies, lights and shopping. Oh yeah and the absolute best part: Lots and Lots of family. Which means get ready to laugh.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Enjoy your holiday!! I will be out at 3am hitting the sales, too!! I LOVE it and this year, we are taking all of the kids....crazy, but fun!!!!