Sunday, November 15, 2009

More Setbacks = More Heartache

On Friday, we received a call from our case worker. I was expecting her to call sometime soon to tell us that we have a court date. All of the referrals from the same week as ours have received their court date.

She started the call with "I have some bad news but your boys are ok." Never good words to hear. The director of the orphanage where our boys were is no longer with the orphanage. He is the person who gathers most of the paperwork for the court hearings. Oh No! She says there won't be delays because the courts and MOWA are stepping in to keep the process rolling.

This is good news no? Well you see she proceeds to tell me that our boys are still at the orphanage. There was a mix up and one of the papers was not filed and our kids are still at the orphanage. This is where tears start to roll.

First, How on Earth did they not know where our kids were? This is kinda their job. Who knows what could have happened and no one would have known because they were supposed to be in Addis, not the orphanage.

Second, There is a family traveling next week that was going to take some updated pictures for us so we can see how they have grown. Information is very limited. I was excited to hear how the interaction went. Are they shy, boisterous, outgoing, playful, sick? Now that may not happen because they haven't been moved yet.

Third, At the House of Hope, the transition home, they start preparing the kids. Again, not happening.

Fourth, if this paper isn't filed how much longer until the rest is filed before we can get our court date.

I know that trials are supposed to bring us closer to God. I know I am relying on God. But Satan sure is testing faith. Our boys need to come home. They need parents. They need consistency. Please pray for our kids. Pray for the courts. Pray for Numan Orphanage. Pray for expediency. Pray for justice. God says the orphans will get fathers. Pray for that. Pray for God's will. And if there is time Pray for my sanity. I feel like I am losing it.

6 comments:

Missy said...

I'm so sorry. These hiccups in the process are too hard to handle! Depending on how our court date goes this week, we will be traveling over Christmas and I would be honored to take pics/video of your boys and deliver anything you want to them! Let me know!! Hope they are brought to HOH VERY soon!

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh. This post turned my stomach. I'm so sorry this is happening. Those poor boys probably don't know what's going on-so that's a positive. But, the fact that YOU don't know what's going on is a very big negative.

I hope they get stuff straightened out right away. Tell them that you won't settle for anything less than them being moved, ASAP. Be firm with them, sometimes they need a fire under their butts.

I'll be keeping you in our thoughts. What a difficult time.

Gretchen said...

I am praying for all things listed.... May you feel some peace tonight.

elisa said...

Breann, Please know that if they are there, I will love on them and take pictures and visit with them. If they are not there, I will try to find out anything for you. I'm making a note on your letter right now. I know the unknown is painful and while I can't take that pain and fear away, I hope you know that I will do my best to be there at HOH for you. I'll inquire like you would and love on them like you would. I hope you hear something soon!
Elisa

elisa said...

did u get my last post?

Becky said...

I am so sorry! This part of the process is so hard. We had a similar mix up with our son still being at his orphanage and we thought he was HOH. Hopefully you will get that court date before the weekend.