Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Humor

Sintayehu's English is really coming along. He is starting to understand some dual meaning jokes. We knew he liked comedies. He laughs really hard at the humor in many of the Disney movies but they were usually slapstick kind of humor. But recently, he is laughing at the word jokes too. And then yesterday he told us a few jokes and laughed at some sarcasm. He is learning so fast. It is amazing. Nick and I were cracking up when he realized some of the jokes.

We are having so much fun. We absolutely love being their parents. Don't get me wrong, we have some very hard moments and days; but those just make the fun days that much better. I didn't know how fun this parenting thing would be.

We went to the water park this past weekend. These boys absolutely LOVE the water. Sintayehu loved the wave pool. He spent so much time in the pool that he only went on the other slides one time. He put his goggles on and jumped through the waves. At one point he jumped up yelling, "This is soo Coool" Dawit loved the slides. The faster the better. He is going to be our little dare devil. He was sad he couldn't do the drop out slide because he was to small. He has about 8 inches to go so it will be a long while before he's able to do that one. He liked the pitch black slide, especially once it was over and he realized there would be an end to the darkness. But once the lines got long he was content riding the kiddie slides. The lines were only 3-5 min for those. And by the end of the day, I was content just watching him. Nick was freezing in the wave pool with Sintayehu.


This is what the little man wanted to wear to the water park.

I can't wait for summer to be here. I absolutely hate leaving them. They are with fantastic Grandparents and look forward to seeing them; but it is so hard to not be with them. I am told it gets easier. I hope so. I still cry on the way to work. I think about the memories or events that I am going to miss. I hate it. But I guess that's part of life.


Sintayehu got some new Ethiopian books in the mail yesterday. He was so excited to read them and Dawit liked the packaging...




Nick introduced the boys to racquetball last Friday. They had a blast. Only one minor injury.


Me and my little men. There is a nice trail that outskirts our town. The boys enjoyed the hike.
(notice the helmet, there was no bikes :))

No comments: