Saturday, May 29, 2010

God Bless America

Friday, my family got to be part of something very special. An event I hope everyone gets the opportunity to witness. An event filled with patriotism, excitement, anticipation, and love. We were at Camp Pendleton, Oceanside, CA when the 4th LAR returned home from fighting in Afghanistan.

Words can not describe the emotions that filled the day. All I know is that I feel very blessed to have witness the reunion of families. There were husbands kissing wives, Mom's kissing sons father's meeting their newborns and our own Uncle Matt meeting his new nephews. I felt so honored to be an American and so thankful for the dedication of our military men and women.

Like I said words don't describe it.

5 comments:

Julie said...

That was great Breann! I'm so glad he is home safely. Thank him for our family for all he does and for keeping us safe. He and all his buddies are very much appreciated for their sacrifice to our country!!

Levi is already asking when you are coming over again:)

natalie said...

Wow..talk about tears.
That was beautiful. I am so proud to be an American. Thank you to all of the soldiers that keep us safe.

Off topic... did your hair grow that quickly?? I love it.
We are ready for you to visit whenever you are!
Natalie

Kindra said...

Thanks for sharing. Been a part of one of those homecomings and yes, it is amazing!!!

Hubbards said...

Always a blessing to see them return safe! Brings tears to my eyes as I remember the feeling of seeing them drive up all to well.

brooke said...

Yes, I agree! No words to describe the rush of emotions, much like the first time I met my new nephews. Excellent job on the slide show Breann! Thanx a million!!