Thursday, October 29, 2009

Nesting

This part of the journey is very difficult. I thought waiting the two years prior was hard, boy was I wrong. Knowing that your children are under the care of someone else and at the moment you are a number waiting for an appointment with an Ethiopian judge is not comforting.

I know that the House of Hope, (transition home) is a very loving place and that our children are being loved on and cared for, it's just not the same as having them in your own care.

To keep my mind off of many thoughts, I have been getting things ready on the US front.

First we ordered bunk beds.


Next we tackled the mess that was of the spare bedroom.

Then the beds were delivered and we assembled them.
(How many people does it take to assemble bunk beds? 6! yep it took 6 of us.)


Nick installed a new light which required him to into the attic to run wires,
While I painted.

Then we painted the tribal and animal border. Thanks Laura-Lee!!!


This week we hope to nail the baseboards back up and put the room in order.


In the meantime I have bought the bedding, an art kit, a few toys and am beginning to pick up some clothes for the kids. I love shopping normally, but to finally be able to buy things for the boys is so much better.
We have registered at Target. That was a lot of fun. There are so many things that we need for them. Usually by the time someone is seven they have seven years of things that they have accumulated. Not the case for our kids.

So much to do. Unfortunately we have a lot of time to get it done.

No comments: