Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Missed Posts

I was unable to post during the acceptance of our referral. We had some technical difficulties. But I managed to journal. So I am going to add my journal entry.

September 12th, 2009
We are going to be parents. FINALLY. Our boys, our boys, I can't believe it, are 7 and 4 years old. We have been praying on this decision for a few weeks. I was so certain, then I panicked. Would I be able to parent a 7 and 4 year old? Would I be ok if I never had an infant? Is our little condo big enough for four people? Was their past more than we could handle? Would they attach to us? They will always remember their biological parents, so will that lessen our role somehow? But tonight we prayed. Silent, on our knees, it was us and God.

God has called us to love. I have never been so sure of any decision. All of my fears, questions, are gone. During our prayer tonight God spoke to us. At the same moment we both knew it. I had the image of all the warrior women of the Bible. Nothing God has ever called us to was guaranteed to be easy. Shoot, why would I think parenting would be easy. God is amazing. I know we were spoken to directly by God.

We have are a family of four. We sent off the email to our case worker and called my parents.
My poor dad was on his way out to work, it was 9:30 at night, but I told him to wait. They were waiting in their driveway, We had their picture on my phone and showed them for the first time their grandsons.

TEARS everywhere. Of course there are lots of questions but so many happy smiles were in that driveway. We talked for a few hours and finally made it home. In a few months, this home will be filled with children's laughter and giggles, the absolute best sound in the world.

I am so in love!!!! I know every mother thinks that their children are the most beautiful children in the world, but mine really are.


4 comments:

Amanda said...

:) I'm so happy you feel called to them. There may be moments when you question your sanity, but there are so many more when you'll be relieved you made the decision you did. And, no, your condo won't be big enough for four people. Be prepared. lol

Julie said...

Hi Breanne,

I remember your little guys on the waiting children's list, I thought they were so cute.

We are waiting for a court date also and our sons may be friends. Our son is 7 and daughter is 9 months old. We are also in CA. Email me privately at crouch.family@sbcglobal.net so we can connect. We are in CA. also. There are several of us in CA. who have adopted older children, are you on the SoCalEthiopian adoption group???

Ok, email me so we can talk!

God Bless,
Julie

Kindra said...

Words can not even describe how thrilled I am for you guys and how honored I am to have been praying for you guys this whole time. So excited to finally meet the 2 little boys we have been praying for. Love you guys SO much and so excited to share in your new journey as parents!!!

Erin Sager said...

So so happy for you guys....Double blessing....