Monday, May 11, 2009

Last One Hopefully...

I survived! Mother's Day is one of the hardest days of the year for me. It took some major perspective to get through this one. I truly thought last year was going to be the last Mother's Day without children. That's what I get for making plans I guess. I am constantly reminded I am NOT in control.

It's one of those weird things, people did not know what to say. I could see them contemplate it before it came out. You wish someone Happy Birthday, they say thank you. You wish someone Happy Mother's Day, they say You too, for the future, er. Akward silence. I made many feel uncomfortable yesterday, but I made it. Tears were shed, but big surprise there.

There are so many strong mom's in my life. My own mother is the best role model I could have asked for. She was the perfect balance of dedication to her children, husband and above all, God. We were never discouraged from our dreams. Thanks Mom.

So many of our friends are GREAT mothers. Everyone has their own spin that seems to work so beautifully. Some are incredibly patient, others are creative, some seem to multitask without blemish and another is perfect for enjoying every moment. I am so fortunate to be part of all of their lives.

I recently finished the book, "Grace Based Parenting." It is a parenting style that reflects God's Grace for us to our children. I loved it and my husband is getting ready to start it. Talk about a role model. Why shouldn't we model our parenting after God's constant Grace? Best Line: God doesn't give us what we deserve, he gives us what we deeply need.

I have 364 days before the next day dedicated to Mothers everywhere. Hopefully that will include me next year.

No comments: