Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Time...

Time is such a relative concept. When you are a kid the summer seemed to last forever. The days of sunshine, splashing and Popsicles seemed to never end. We get a little older and it seemed as though our sixteenth birthday would never near. OR those long lingering seconds right before your first kiss seemed as though time stopped.

But as we turn into adults time seems to get away from us. Casual weekends turn into trips, errand running or just your run of the mill days but they tend to fly by. It's amazing how little we stop just to enjoy a beautiful day. A whole month has gone by since my little fifth graders graduated elementary school. A whole Month. This is craziness. (I have managed to let a few days linger.)

Any how, on the 8th of this month was our Nine month mark of waiting. When we started this process we were told 6-10 months tops. Well that doesn't seem likely. August 12th will be two years since we started this process and September will be 4 since we started trying to have a family.

Time again is a conundrum. I can't tell you how many times I have heard, "It's all in God's time", "You are getting good practice in patience", "Once you have your child the time will be forgotten." While I know these are all true, I have heard every pregnant person complain around 7 months that they just want to see their child. 4 Years!!! That is a long time to wait when you are ready to be a parent. I could have another college degree by now. Some friends are on their third child in the time it is taking us to have one.

My, My, My! I am praying/pleading with God that our child is with us or at least we know who he/she is before Christmas. So please pray for all of the children without parents and the parents without children because everyone can always use God's Love.

1 comment:

elisa said...

I feel your pain girl and I swear if I hear another pregnant mommy complain, I'm going to give it to them...lol! We HAVE to be getting some more kids in soon, so Christmas is still a possibility!