Monday, November 30, 2009

Spirits are Up

I have spent several days down in the dumps. I am usually a very bubbly, happy, positive person but the last few weeks have been very difficult. (For many reasons)

This week at church we had a guest speaker. He encouraged us to write down our blessings. Write a list like we did when we were kids writing out our Christmas List. He said amazingly enough the moment you start thinking about it, the more gratitude you have. Well I did this today with my fifth grade students. I started and they wrote their own lists. We had fifteen minutes of silence and very quickly the lists were being flipped over to use the back of the papers.

This worked so well to encourage me. I know there have been set backs to Nick and I starting a family. But each set back has lead us to something new, different, and better. I am not sure how this delay is making us better. But I know it is.

This weekend we decorated the tree and Nick hung the lights on the house. Here are a few pics.





I absolutely love having the house decorated. There is a type of cheer that is undeniable to everyone. When we were done decorating we sat down, drank some hot cider and watched Elf. That is a great Christmas movie. Very happy and the happy elf is adopted.


Oh yeah and the best part of the weekend... we woke up on Saturday and there was snow on the mountains and hills all around us. Everything seemed so clean and new. So I figured it was time to clean up and get a new attitude.



1 comment:

Missy said...

I'm glad you are feeling better!! Hoping you get good news VERY soon!!!